Volunteer with us.
Volunteering with YYJLocalsForLocals
Welcome! We're so glad you're interested in joining the team as a volunteer!
The following will tell you a little about who we are and what we’re doing.
YYJLocalsForLocals is a group of community-minded tech and marketing professionals offering pro-bono assistance to local small businesses, restaurants, and bars. We are doing this to combat the effects of COVID-19 on small businesses in Victoria, the Gulf Islands and Vancouver Island.
Free Services We're Offering Businesses
We’re looking to help small businesses with quick-wins directly related to responding to the current crisis. We are asking them to choose their #1 need from the following list:
1. Help designing merch to drive sales
2. Building a single page website (landing page)
3. Write a message about how your business is handling COVID-19
4. Email design to send to your customers
5. Social media post or ad copy & design
6. Help setting up gift card sales on your website
7. Marketing help to promote your delivery service
8. Help setting up a subscription box service
Businesses are given a subsequent opportunity to select additional services, however not all requests will be taken on. We want to help as many businesses as possible, as efficiently as possible, so some requests may be declined, at our discretion. Please Slack the organizers if something feels out of scope – Nathan Sorochan, Eve Olynyk, Tara Price, or Emily Hannan.
Services We Do Not Offer
Full website design & development (we do simple one-page websites)
A laundry list of services that, taken together, add up to a large project
Anything large enough to potentially divert work from local freelancers
Have an idea?
Awesome. If you have an idea for something else we could be offering, there’s a spot to let us know on the sign-up form.
Sign me up!
Links to sign up.